4 – Year – old dies after swallowing nail

Dead: Malakai McBean


Dead: Malakai McBean
Dead: Malakai McBean

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Four – year – old Malakai McBean was pronounced dead on arrival at the New Amsterdam Public Hospital after he swallowed a metal nail yesterday at his home at Nurney on the Corentyne.

The child’s grandmother, Brenda George during an interview with iNews explained that she and the child’s mother [Candacy George] were outside having a conversation while he was left inside the house playing.

He later ran out of the house gasping for breath.

The grandmother, who was in tears said her daughter immediately rushed the child to the Port Mourant Public Hospital where the doctors administered oxygen and transferred him to the New Amsterdam Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The child was a grade A student at the Nurney Nursery School and leaves to mourn his parents and 11 – year – old brother. A post mortem examination is expected to be conducted on the child`s body shortly. Investigations are ongoing.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.