By Kurt Campbell
[www.inewsguyana.com] – A 20 – year – old Sophia youth is currently nursing severe burns about his body at the Georgetown Public Hospital after he came into contact with a live wire while trying to retrieve a kite.
His sister, Sharon Bailey told iNews (www.inewsguyana.com) that she warned her brother not to go for the kite which was caught between Guyana Power and Light (GPL) wires.
The injured man, who has been identified as Clinton Clyde Charles of ‘C’ Field Sophia, reportedly insisted that he must get the kite and proceeded up a GPL pole.
His sister said she went inside and within minutes, there was a power outage. She said a short while after, a boy came running and informed her that her brother was “shocked.”
“I ran outside and I see him pitch off the post and on the ground, he crumped up and trembling … his whole face get burn all his back and hand get burns”, the woman related.
Charles was rushed to the GPHC where he is being treated and monitored by doctors.