[www.inewsguyana.com] – A – 13 – year – old secondary school student of Bush Lot Village, Essequibo Coast died early Wednesday morning [May 21] at the Suddie hospital after battling for her life for more than two weeks.
She had ingested a poisonous substance. Reports indicate that the young lady and her 15 – year – old cousin both drank the substance on April 29, after their parents objected to their love affair.
They were both rushed to the Suddie hospital and admitted. The young man was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday.
The incident and death of the young student has sent shock waves across the Essequibo Coast.