Staged WCD robbery: Three charged, police on the hunt for two others


The driver and porter who were arrested last weekend for conspiring to rob their employer, the Continental Group of Companies (Guyana), of $1.2M were charged for larceny along with one of the three men they plotted with to execute the daring heist.

Kenrick Duncan, the driver who hails from Annandale, East Coast Demerara (ECD) and Noel Monrow, the porter from Durban Street, Georgetown and the other man made their first court appearances today in relation to the matter where they were each charged and placed on $150,000 bail.

bailINews was told that the duo who prior to this offence had been employed at the Continental Group of Companies (Guyana) initially told investigators that they were returning from Essequibo on Thursday, last, when the robbery took place.

The two men claimed that around 18: 40 h while in the vicinity of Harlem, West Cost Demerara (WCD), a white Raum “pulled up in front of the canter” in which they were travelling back to their office.

According to police reports, at that time they claimed that two gunmen exited the vehicle, robbed them of the $1.2M in cash, their cellular phones and a laptop which was also inside of the canter.

They said the gunmen made good their escape after locking Duncan and Monrow at the back of the canter and the two men were “rescued” by passersby who heard them “banging against the canter”.

When Duncan and Monrow turned up at the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station, WCD, to make an official report about the incident the investigators found inconsistencies in their statements.

As such, the police ‘grilled’ the duo and after ‘intense questioning’ they admitted that they had plotted the act, hoping to get away with it.

According to a police rank, they took officers back to the “crime scene” and the laptop was recovered from the parapet close to a trench.

The duo also disclosed the names of their accomplices and one man was subsequently captured.

The third man also admitted to the crime and he handed over a small portion of the money amounting to almost $30,000 GYD to the police as well as the two cellular phones that were said to be “stolen during the robbery”.

Meanwhile, investigations are still on-going into the matter and law enforcement officers are still on the hunt for the other two men who are said to be on the run.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.