By Tracey Khan – Drakes
[www.inewsguyana.com] – Natalie Caseley continues to demand justice for her four – year – old son, Jaden Mars who died at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) one year ago.
The toddler was taken to the health institution for stitches, after biting his tongue during a fall. However, he died shortly after spending six days at the on life support. Caseley strongly believes that her son may have been overdosed or the right procedures may not have been followed.
A Candle Light vigil was last evening (December, 11), held for the Mars in front of the GPHC by Caseley which saw scores turning out in support of the grieving mother’s journeys for justice. She explained her persistence is to ensure that another mother does not meet suffer the same fate she did.
“I have a lot of concerns. I am concerned for the betterment of the institution, I am concerned about the people who are running the institution, how could you be so unjust, how could you be so unfair, they have me grieving for a year, or they have me running away from grieving for a year,” she said.
“When they pronounce my son dead that night at the hospital I went over him and I said Jaden mummy loves you but God love you more, but I said one thing that I can promise you J is that I am not going to stop fighting until I get justice for you… even after a year of knowing that they would have erred even after a year of knowing that they caused the death of my son I am yet to go visit where my son is laid to rest because I said to myself that when I go there is to say Jaden you won, we won on behalf of the institution we won to bring about change in the institution,” the grieving mother said.
She further added “I don’t mind if my son was the sacrifice, if my son would have died for the betterment of the institution I can live with it, if I can say that because Jaden died this is now a better institution I can live with it but I can still reading Jaden’s story, I am still hearing from other Jaden’s, I am still hearing from people that are losing people every day so I am really concerned for them.”
Chief Executive Officer of the Georgetown Public Hospital, Michael Khan had said after the investigation into Mars’ death was completed that no one at the institution has been blamed for the boy’s death.
Mars died from a blockage of the main artery of the lung or one of its branches by a substance that has traveled from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (Pulmonary Embolism), according to a post mortem examination which was conducted on December 11, 2013.