Two children die in Drop-in Centre fire

0

A fire late last evening at the Drop-in Centre located at Hadfield Street, Georgetown, has left two siblings dead. Their names were not immediately available.
A source told INews this morning that from all indications the fire could have started as a result of an electrical problem in the building.

The Drop-in Centre before it was engulfed by fire last evening
The Drop-in Centre before it was damaged by fire last evening

Fire Service Officers immediately responded to a call around midnight that the building was on fire. A source said that 28 children and two adults were rescued in the process.

The Drop-in Centre falls under the Ministry of Social Protection’s Child Care and Protection Agency (CCPA). It caters for children who are facing difficult situations.

An investigation has since been launched into the matter.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.