[www.inewsguyana.com] – The Guyana Police Force (GFP) has announced a major shakeup in its internal structures which sees Assistant Commissioner Leslie James being removed from his post as Crime Chief.
According to the statement, the transfers come following consultations with Vice President and Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan and Commissioner of Police, Seelall Persaud.
The transfers are listed below.
- Assistant Commissioner Christopher Griffith who was the Divisional Commander of “C” Division, has been posted in command of “B” Division. He replaces Assistant Commissioner Brian Joseph who is now the Head Presidential Guard.
- Assistant Commissioner Marlon Chapman, who was the Divisional Commander of “D” Division, has been posted in command of “C” Division replacing Assistant Commissioner Christopher Griffith.
- Senior Superintendent Stephen Mansell, who was the second in command of “D” Division, has been posted in command of the Division replacing Assistant Commissioner Marlon Chapman.
- Assistant Commissioner Leslie James who was the Assistant Commissioner “Law Enforcement” has been posted to the Office of the Commissioner of Police.
- Senior Superintendent Wendell Blanhum who was second in command at CID Headquarters has been posted as Head Law Enforcement (Crime Chief) replacing Assistant Commissioner Leslie James.
- Senior Superintendent Whitney Bacchus who was at the Commissioner’s Office has been posted as 2 i/c “Operations”, replacing Senior Superintendent Lyndon Alves who is now second in command of the Presidential Guard.
- Senior Superintendent Errol Watts who was the Officer in Charge of the Tactical Services Unit (TSU) has been posted second in command of “B” Division.
- Superintendent Hugh Dehnert who was the second in command of “B” Division has been posted as the Officer in Charge of the TSU, replacing Senior Superintendent Errol Watts.