Berbice Teen electrocuted

0
Dead: 17 - year - old Azam Inshan.
Dead: 17 – year – old Azam Inshan.

[www.inewsguyana.com]The life of 17 – year – old Azam Inshan was snuffed out on Wednesday October 23 after he was electrocuted at his home in Cotton Tree Village, West Coast Berbice.

The incident occurred sometime around 11.00 pm. According to family members, Azam was doing his laundry when he lost his life.

When iNews visited the home of the young man, family and friends gathered to express their condolences and give comfort. His twin brother Azim Inshan was situated not far from where the incident occurred and tried to save his brother’s life.

He recalled that his brother touched an exposed electrical plug on a transformer when he tried to plug in the washing machine. The young man explained that he heard his brother screaming and upon rushing to him, he found him lying unconscious.

His father, Mohamed Inshan a teacher at the Fort Wellington Secondary School was also home at that time but was sleeping. The family members immediately rushed Azam to the Fort Wellington Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

His mother, Bindoo Inshan who is in a complete state of shock explained to iNews that she received a phone call last night at her place of work about the tragedy.

The parents and brother of the dead teenager. [iNews' Photo]
The parents and brother of the dead teenager. [iNews’ Photo]
Azam Inshan was a Year Two Student of the New Amsterdam Technical Institute in the Internal Combustion Engine Course. He was described as a humble child.

Azam leaves to mourn his parents, siblings and other relatives and friends. The young man would have celebrated his 18th birthday on December 14.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.