[www.inewsguyana.com] – Tameshwarie Narharry, who suffered first degree burns in a fire at Zorg, Essequibo Coast died just after midday on Thursday, October 24 while receiving treatment at the Georgetown Public Hospital.
This follows the death of her reputed husband, who allegedly set the house on fire, Patrick Seepaul. His body was found on Wednesday (October 23) in Essequibo and it is believed that he committed suicide after committing the act.
The badly burnt woman was rescued by her 15 – year – old daughter Shareeda Mohamed, who heard her screams for help.
According to reports, the woman was asleep in the front bedroom of the concrete and wooden building she was renting when the fire started at around 5:00h on Wednesday, October 23.
Reports indicate that Narharry’s 15 – year – old daughter was awaken by her mother’s screams. According to the teen, when she ran out from her room she saw her mother on fire. She raised an alarm and residents rendered their assistance.
iNews understands that the woman’s reputed husband, Seepaul purchased gasoline early Tuesday and allegedly doused the front room and around the building with the highly flammable substance before setting the front room ablaze where the woman was sleeping. Residents noted that when the fire started, Seepaul escaped on a motorcycle.