Doctors at the Mahaicony Cottage Hospital, East Coast Demerara (ECD) are currently monitoring the condition of a young man who attempted to take his life by ingesting a poisonous substance.
Reports are the young man who hails from Belladrum village, West Coast Berbice (WCB) this morning consumed an unknown amount of gramoxone at his residence.
Upon discovering that he had ingested the poison his brother immediately took him to the hospital in an attempt to save his sibling’s life.
Details as to why the young man took this route and tried to end his life are unclear at this point in time.
Meanwhile, a medical team at the Mahaicony Cottage Hospital is closely monitoring the young man’s situation as part of ensuring he recovers.
One doctor told INews that presently it is too soon to pronounce on whether or not he will “make it” since gramoxone is a “tricky poison once ingested”.