Twenty-two-year old Mark Anthony, also known as ‘QQ’, of North Ruimveldt was brutally gunned down last night (Thursday) in what appeared to have been an execution style killing with “revenge” as the motive.
Senior Superintendent of Police and Acting Crime Chief, Hugh Jessemy told INews this morning that investigators are on the hunt for “a car” which the gunmen used to escape the scene of the crime.
According to the Acting Crime Chief, there have been reports that the shooting may have been done in a “drive-by” pattern and this lead is presently being pursued. Jessemy stated that upto press time no arrest has been made in relation to the murder of the young man.
Meanwhile, persons in the area posited that two gunmen had approached ‘QQ’ who was sitting on a bench in front of a yard in North Ruimveldt, and when he saw them he ran for safety.
It is assumed that he knew the identity of the men hence he tried to escape their presence.
INews was also told that when ‘QQ’ attempted to escape, the two gunmen pursued him and fired several shots about his body. They then managed to make good their escape with the “get-away” car. ‘QQ’ was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
In 2015, the now dead North Ruimveldt resident had been arrested with others in relation to being in illegal possession of weapons and ammunition. He was subsequently remanded. ‘QQ’ was also accused of being involved in many more activities which were not in keeping with the law hence his killing has been deemed by persons who knew him as a “revenge killing”.
Investigations are continuing. (Kristen Macklingam)