One person is now homeless following a fire on their “shack” at Tuschen, East Bank Essequibo, sometime this afternoon.
According to Fire Cheif, Marlon Gentle, reports of a fire were made by persons who noticed the smoke emanating from the vicinity.
However, he noted that by the time that fire service arrived the “6×6 structure” had already been completely destroyed by the blaze.
Gentle informed Inews that the “shack” housed one person, highlighting that up to press time, authorities were still trying to make contact with him/her.
No one was reportedly injured.