[www.inewsguyana.com] – Three Directors on the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) have told ESPNcricinfo that contrary to speculative reports in the Caribbean media, no decision has been taken to sack the three international captains: Denesh Ramdin (Test), Dwayne Bravo (ODI) and Darren Sammy (Twenty20).
On Tuesday, some of the Directors had a meeting over teleconference, including WICB President Dave Cameron, but the WICB did not issue any statement on the meeting.
According to Azim Bassarath, who did not participate in the conference call, no one had informed him about the trio being removed. He said the task force set up by the three warring parties – players, WICB and WIPA – would report back with steps to resolve the situation. According to him, the next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for December 13 in Jamaica.
Another Director, who briefly attended the conference call, denied any decision had been taken.
“We have not selected the squad yet [for South Africa] so I don’t know where that news is coming from. We had a teleconference meeting.
“I did not stay for the full duration of the meeting. I am not told yet [of anything decision] because I would have the benefit of [what happened] at the meeting. I am told there is another meeting this Thursday and possibly the matter will come up there. I also heard Clive Lloyd will join that meeting. But I am yet to hear about the Thursday meeting officially.”
Meanwhile, a third director said he could not say “whether that is true or not true” but declined to make any further comments. (Cricinfo)