An unemployed Alberttown, Georgetown man on Sunday succumbed to internal injuries received after he allegedly ingested a carbon tablet (Aluminum Phosphide).
The dead man has been identified as 35-year-old Selwyn Bobb, of Fourth Street, Alberttown.
The incident occurred between 04:30h and 10:30h.
According to information received, Bobb, who recently lost his job, was at home with his 23-year-old fiancée when sometime around 04:30h on Sunday, she observed that he was vomiting.
The young woman told investigators that she enquired from him about his health, but all he told her was to summon the ambulance service, which she did.
The man was then rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was examined and admitted a patient in the Accident and Emergency (A&E) Ward.
It was reported that while being treated, Bobb told the doctor that he had ingested a carbon tablet.
He succumbed about 10:30h.
According to the Police, the now dead man’s body was examined and no marks of violence were seen.
His remains are presently at the Sandy’s Funeral Home, awaiting a post-mortem examination.