Residents call for Police patrols over heightened crime in Kuru-Kururu


Residents in Kuru-Kururu, on the Soesdyke Linden Highway are now scared for their lives as crimes in the area have increased, prompting residents to make the call for more Police patrols in the evenings.

44-year-old Glen Ramdass was on Tuesday evening around 20:10h attacked by two armed bandits as he was about to make his way into his Lot 33 Kuru-Kururu home.

The man said that he opened his gate and was about to drive his car in, when two males, armed with guns, pounced on him and demanded that he lie down.

Adamant to do so, the man began shouting ‘bandits’ to alert his family members.

The man’s wife, Diana Thakurdin outlined that she and her three daughters were at home watching the news with their doors open when she heard her husband shouting in the yard.

She said, “We hear he holler ‘bandit, bandit close up de door’ so we close up de door”.

Moreover, the woman detailed that her nephew, Daniel Dookram who was over at their house at the time, grabbed two cutlasses out of the cupboard and went in pursuit of the men.

Seeing this, the two men reportedly ran for cover, forgetting they were in the middle of a robbery, armed with a guns.

Thakudin explained that a report was subsequently made to Kuru-Kururu Police Outpost, which resulted in the officers there visiting the area.

The woman said she believes that the men did not have a real weapons since they did not hurt her husband. Nevertheless she said, “we would like Police patrol in the night because in here got a lot of strange people walking up and down who you won’t even know because them two people he (Glen Ramdass) said he never see them”.

Earlier this month, the lifeless body of a 46-year-old legal clerk Gregory Frank, also called “Wayne”, was at about 04:30h, found lying face down in a pool of blood in the sitting room of his home at Lot 686 Kuru-Kururu, Soesdyke/Linden Highway.

The man was suspected to be killed during a robbery.

A postmortem examination later performed on the body of Frank determined that the man died as a result of asphyxiation due to compression injury to the neck compounded by blunt trauma to the head.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.