Nursing student succumbs after ingesting carbon tablets

0

A Linden nursing student attached to the Charles Roza Nursing School succumbed on Wednesday afternoon while receiving treatment at the Linden Hospital Complex after he reportedly ingested three carbon tablets.

Dead is  22-year-old, Heathecliffe Bobbsemple of Central Amelia’s Ward, Linden who was pronounced dead at about 18:10h.

INews understands that the deceased was a mental patient who was said to be receiving treatment at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).

A few days prior to him consuming the poisonous tablets, he was observed by his younger brother to be acting strangely.

This was brought to the attention of his mother however, nothing was reportedly done.

According to information reaching this publication, the following day, Bobbsemple requested that the carbon tablets be purchased as he noticed rats in the house.

On Wednesday morning however, the now dead man left his home but subsequently returned at about 09:30h.

He was observed by his brother to be wearing only his boxer’s and when questioned told him that he had just ingested the carbon tablets.

The man’s mother was informed who promptly rushed him to the hospital where he was admitted and being treated but succumbed in the afternoon hours.

The Police when contacted said that no foul play was suspected.

Investigations are ongoing.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.