Mysterious fire guts Diamond home


Millions have been lost following a mysterious fire which partially destroyed an unoccupied home in Diamond, East Bank Demerara on Wednesday morning.

Based on information received, neighbors saw the smoke emanating from the lot 1819 Section “C”, Diamond, East Bank Demerara home at approximately 09:15hrs.

The owner of the flat concrete house was not immediately available to speak to the media, but relatives at the scene explained that that the house has been unoccupied for a few weeks. One young lady who asked not to be named, indicated that she received a call from a private number informing her that the house was burning down.

Inside of the building

Fire fighters arrived at the scene promptly but by then the inside of the house had already been damaged and scorched significantly.

The family members told Inews that they were unsure as to what could have caused the fire, highlighting that they never had electrical problems at the home.

Neighbors who gathered at the scene said that they heard explosions coming from inside the house before the roof engulfed in flames. This publication also noticed that a gas bottle was lying in the drain in front of the home, with gas leaking.

The cooking gas bottle 

An investigation has been launched. (Ramona Luthi)


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.