Cops arrest 6th person as probe continues into murder of Henry boys

Murdered, Joel Henry and Isaiah Henry

One day after several men who were last seen with murdered teens, Isaiah and Joel Henry were taken into custody, the police have arrested a sixth person on Sunday as investigations intensify.

On Saturday, the police stated that five men were arrested as the probe into the gruesome murders of the teens whose bodies were discovered in a coconut field at Cotton Tree, West Coast Berbice, on September 6 continues.

On Sunday, however, Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum told Inews That a sixth person was arrested and is being interrogated along with the five others.

Blanhum however, did not divulge detailed information on the investigations but stated that the investigation is active.

Only on Thursday, a 75-member team that combed the backdam at No 2 and No 3 Villages, WCB, for evidence in relation to the murders of Isaiah and Joel Henry came up empty-handed.

The Guyana Police Force in a release to the media on Friday related that the team comprised of Police ranks in Region Five (Mahaica-Berbice), members of the Major Crimes Unit of the Criminal Investigative Department (CID), members of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) and Government pathologist, Dr Nehaul Singh. In addition to the team on foot, aerial assistance was provided by the GDF.

The statement further added that the search commenced at 07:00h and lasted for seven hours but nothing of evidential value to the investigation was unearthed. Nevertheless, the police stated that the detectives are continuing to exhaust all leads as the probe continues.

However, the team once again set out on Friday with the aim of finding the primary crime scene since it was already established that the Henry teens were murdered at one location and their bodies transported to the coconut estate where they were found.

In addition, the source related that they are also searching for two persons and anyone else who might have been involved in the brutal murders.

Those who were arrested for the double murders were released, but have to report to the Blairmont Police Station on a daily basis.