Alleged mastermind in murder of elderly women arrested


The alleged mastermind in the brutal murders of 87-year-old Constance Fraser and 75-year-old Phyllis Caesar, whose bodies were discovered in their home at South Road and Albert Street, Georgetown was apprehended by members of the Major Crime Unit in Pomeroon River on Sunday afternoon.

This publication understands that following the confession by two of the four suspects who were arrested on Friday, they have since revealed the name of the mastermind.

Without hesitation, detectives visited the man’s home but were unsuccessful in apprehending him.

(Left) Constance Fraser and (Right) Phyllis were strangled to death

However, a police source explained that the suspect’s brother transported him to Pomeroon after he found out police were looking for him in connection with the murders.

The alleged mastermind is a 25-year-old resident of Cooper Street, Albouystown Georgetown. Upon his arrest he was escorted to CID headquarters where he is being interrogated for the heinous crimes.

The bodies of Fraser, known as “Mother Fraser”, and Caesar, her niece, were found in the wee hours of Tuesday.

The women were found in the upper flat of the home, in their respective bedrooms, lying unconscious on their beds. Caesar’s hands and legs were bound, and a piece of cloth stuffed in her mouth.

Police confirmed that the house was ransacked, which suggested that the murders stemmed from a robbery. In addition, detectives confirmed that the perpetrators may have gained entry to the home via the western door.

According to reports, Caesar failed to report to her place of worship as is customary, prompting several attempts to contact the duo, all of which were to no avail.

A congregation member then alerted the Police and together, they ventured into the home and discovered the two dead women.

The elderly women were last seen alive while attending church on Monday evening.

Congregation members crowded the street after news of the discovery spread and they informed Inews that on multiple occasions, bandits broke into the home of the two defenceless elderly women.

The crowd that gathered following the discovery

During the most recent attack just about a month ago, the criminals took off with a cellular phone as well as a quantity of cash.

Meanwhile, the autopsy done on the bodies of the two women proved that they died as a result of asphyxiation due to suffocation and manual strangulation compounded with trauma to the head.

The post-mortem was performed by local pathologist, Dr Nehaul Singh.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.