Newtown, Kitty fire leaves family counting their losses

0
At the time of the fire the home was engulfed with flames

A family of three are now counting their losses after a fire on Sunday afternoon reduced their D’Andrade Street, Newtown, Kitty, Georgetown home to rubble.

According to police information, the fire began at about 16:00hrs at Lot 228 D’Andrade Street, Newtown, Kitty, Georgetown.

INews was told that the fire started as a result of the owner’s child allegedly lighting a match in the two storey concrete structure’s upper flat.

After the fire began, the occupants immediately evacuated the home and contacted the Guyana Fire Service whose prompt response resulted in two other homes nearby being saved.

No one was reported injured.

Investigations are in progress.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.