Cops hunting duo suspected of gunning down ‘QQ’


The Police are working on several leads as they hunt for two men responsible for the gunning down of a South Ruimveldt resident, in Layon Street, North Ruimveldt, Georgetown, on Thursday evening.

The body of Mark Wilson, 22, also called “QQ”, of Lot 1238 Canje Pheasant, South Ruimveldt, Georgetown, was riddled with bullets by the two suspects at about 22:00h.

MURDERED: Mark Wilson also called QQ
MURDERED: Mark Wilson also called QQ

According to reports, the young man was standing in vicinity of “Short Cut” when two men exited a car and shot at him.

In an attempt to escape, Wilson ran through a yard but the gunmen gave chase and continued shooting, hitting him about the body. He eventually collapsed a short distance but the men continued to shoot at him.

After the gunmen made good their escape in a car, persons in the neighbourhood ran to assist the injured man. He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital but succumbed on his way there.

Acting Crime Chief Hugh Jessemy explained that based on reports gathered, the shooting might have been a drive-by shooting but this was clearly refuted by the sister of the dead man.

The sister, Malika Wilson, said that based on reports received, her brother was brutally shot and killed. “After they shoot he run, but they went behind he… my brother didn’t had the time to say a word… they shoot he up and left,” the woman stated.

While she is not aware of any enemies that her brother might have had, she noted that he would always stay at his parent’s home during the day and leave for his place in the afternoon.

She noted that after the family received news of the shooting, her mother and other brothers went to the hospital where they saw him lying motionless on a stretcher.

He was reportedly shot at least ten times.

Although the now dead man was charged and remanded to prison for possession of guns and ammunition in 2015, his sister refuted claims that his death might be linked to that incident, while noting that the case was dismissed.

He, along with GDF officer Aaron Eastman, Andrew Escott and Ryan Escott, were charged on December 9, 2015. The four men were arrested by Police after two firearms and several rounds of ammunition were found in the vehicle they were travelling in; however insufficient evidence subsequently led to the case being dismissed. (Bhisham Mohamed)





This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.