In 2018, the Government says it will expend $3.4B towards the infrastructure ($322M), education ($2.1B), health ($663M) and regional administration($301M) of Region 10.
Today, the Committee of Supply approved the allocation during the consideration of the Current and Capital expenditure of the 2018 national budget.
Some of the capital projects that will be undertaken in 2018 include:
- Construction of new building to house the Regional Democratic Council offices
- Upgrading of Stanley Road, Wismar Hill Primary Road and others
- Upgrading of draining systems and structures at Stanley Road, Dakama Circle and Determa Street
- Procurement of a 32-seater school bus to transport pupils of the (now closed) Christenburg Primary School to St Haven’s Primary
- Procurement of two river ambulances to service areas, in and around, Malali, Demerara River and Puruni, Berbice River
- Rehabilitation of Upper Demerara Regional Hospital
- Construction of health centres at Mabura and Amelia’s Ward