By Tracey Khan – Drakes
[www.inewsguyana.com] – The origin of the fire that damaged the boardroom and a section of the Bond at the Sports Club of the Chronicle Newspaper is unknown at this point, according to General Manager of the Company, Micheal Gordon.
Gordon told the media that the Company was renting the Bond to a city businessman however he was not prepared to disclose the identity or the type of items that were being stored.
iNews was informed that Pavnik Press was renting the Bond and has lost millions of dollars worth of paper, ink and printer equipment as a result of the fire. The company has been renting the Bond for the past 10 years.
Reports indicate that the fire may have started by some vagrants, who were cooking at the side of the Sports Club.