Three Guyanese dead following Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Canada

0
Peter Pitamber, 60, with his surviving son Jerry, 28. Jerry found Peter, his mother Sita, 59 and brother Terry, 36 dead in their Brampton home early Monday morning of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Peter Pitamber, 60, with his surviving son Jerry, 28. Jerry found Peter, his mother Sita, 59 and brother Terry, 36 dead in their Brampton home early Monday morning of carbon monoxide poisoning.

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Three family members are dead and two others are in hospital after what police believe is a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Jerry Pitamber arrived home from closing the family restaurant, Calypso Hut, around 2 a.m. Monday to find his father, Peter, 60; mother Sita, 59 and brother Terry, 36 without vital signs.

“I tried to save them all – I just couldn’t,” Jerry, 28, told the Star.

His mother and brother were in bed, while his father was on the floor. Jerry found Peter’s brother, Paul, conscious and swaying and pulled him to safety outside the home. Peter’s best friend was also staying in the home and is expected to recover.

They had been staying with the family on Linden Cres. to grieve the death of Peter and Paul’s mother. Jerry said the family was very tight-knit. Police said the family was using propane heaters inside their home after their furnace broke yesterday.

When Jerry arrived home, the carbon monoxide detector was going off, but the slow, quiet beeps weren’t loud enough to wake the family.

Friends said the Pitambers have owned Calypso Hut on Queen St. E. in Brampton for three decades, specializing in West Indian Guyanese style dishes. The family is originally from Guyana. [The Star]

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.