PI continues into death of teen biker


By Kizzy Coleman

The Preliminary Inquiry into the death of Travis Bollers who was killed during a hit-and-run accident late last year continued on Wednesday before Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.

Dellon Duncan was charged with causing Bollers’ death following the accident.

Travis Bollers
The victim: Travis Bollers

Taking the stand to testify was Shaunette Brown, an eyewitness to the accident. She testified as to her recollection of what took place on the evening of November 26, 2015 when Bollers was killed at Pike and Sheriff Streets.

Brown was cross-examined by Duncan’s attorney Paul Fung-A-Fat.

Also taking the stand to testify was the accused, who also related to the Court his recollection of events on the night in question.

Addressing the Court following Duncan’s testimony, Police Prosecutor Neville Jeffers disputed the accused’s testimony, pointing out it was contrary to what he told the Police in his statement.

It is alleged that Duncan, 34, of Lot 982 Block F Sophia, Greater Georgetown, on November 26, at Pike and Sheriff Streets, drove pick-up GHH 5201 in a manner dangerous to the public, thereby causing the death of 17-year-old Bollers.

He subsequently fled the scene and was arrested one week later.

The accused: Dellon Harding
The accused: Dellon Duncan 

Bollers and his cousin, Quacy McCalman, 22, of Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown, were riding a motorcycle along Pike Street, Campbellville, headed towards Sheriff Street when they collided with the Toyota Tacoma pick-up that  had turned into the street.

Bollers, who was controlling the bike, and McCalman, who was the pillion rider, were subsequently rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where the teen was pronounced dead on arrival while McCalman was admitted.

Following the teen’s death, his brother, Eon Bollers, had launched a Facebook campaign to find the driver of the pick-up who had fled the scene. His family also staged a protest at the Square of the Revolution to press authorities to bring the man to justice.

Duncan was identified as the driver of the vehicle, and his vehicle was found in a mechanic shop where it was being repaired.

He denied all allegations that he was involved in the accident.

The Inquiry will continue on April 6, 2016.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.