One of the occupants of the house, Addil Rahim says he was at work at the Stabroek Bazaar when he received a telephone call informing him that his house was on fire. Rahim said the fire was electrical in nature and started from the front room of his house.
The two storey building was occupied by Rahim, his father, niece and her baby. He said nothing in his house was insured.
Neighbours said they saw smoke coming from the building and the fire Service Station that is located in Diamond Housing Scheme was notified. The residents are upset over the time the fire tender arrived on the scene. [Tracey Khan – Drakes]