– charged with committing several gun-point robberies at gas stations, supermarkets on East Coast Demerara
A 26-year-old serial robber of 86 Nelson Street, Mocha Arcadia, East Bank Demerara, who, along with an alleged accomplice used a motor cycle to commit a spate of robberies on Gas Stations and Supermarkets on the East Coast of Demerara, was this morning remanded to prison until December 15, 2016.
The notorious criminal was charged with six (6) counts of armed robbery and attempted robbery between October 19 and November 11, 2016, taking away in excess of $3.3 million dollars in cash and valuables.
The accused was charged as follows:
1. Armed robbery committed on Shivo’s Supermarket at Non Pariel, ECD on October 19, 2016.
2. Armed robbery committed on Wisdom Supermarket at Vryheid’s Lust, ECD on November 3, 2016.
3. Attempted robbery at Daily’s Supermarket at Park Street, Enterprise, ECD on November 04, 2016.
4. Armed robbery committed on R. Prashad’s Service Station, Mon Repos Railway Embankment, ECD on November 05, 2016.
5. Attempted robbery at Shell Gas Station at Ogle ECD on November 09, 2016 and
6. Robbery under arms committed at Viscom Electronics at Mon Repos Public Road, ECD, on November 11, 2016, when he was nabbed.
His 24-years-old girlfriend and Barrack Labourer of 8 Paradise, ECD, Fiona Smith was charged with receiving stolen article, property of Viscom’s Electronic.
She pleaded not guilty and was placed on $35,000 bail and has to return to court (Vigilance) on December 07, 2016. They appeared before Magistrate Z. Ally-Seepaul at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court.
The motor cycle and two full-faced protective helmets allegedly used during the commission of the crimes are in police custody.