Narine’s bowling action cleared, player removed from warning list

0

Sunil Narine has been cleared of having a suspect bowling action and has been taken off the warning list, the IPL said Sunday.

The Trinidadian who is a key player for the Kolkata Knight Riders had been placed on the warning list following their match against KingsXIPunjab on October 10. He was reported by onfield umpires Ulhas Gandhe and Chris Gaffaney in relation to a delivery he delivered during the last over of the match that KKR won by two runs.

However, in a statement on Sunday the IPL said Narine’s action had been assessed by the IPL Suspect Bowling Action Committee and it was determined that the mystery bowler was within the prescribed limits.

“The Committee carefully reviewed all the deliveries of action footage sent of Mr Narine with the naked eye and has come to the conclusion that the elbow-bend appears to be within the range of permissible limits,” the IPL statement said.

Cricket West Indies had said that they had planned to monitor Narine’s progress as the player is being considered for West Indies selection. (Sportsmax)