Infant electrocuted in Berbice

Dead: Mason Cush

A five-month-old infant was on Tuesday electrocuted at his Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) home.

Dead is Mason Cush of Corentyne, Berbice.

Dead: Mason Cush

According to reports received, the child’s mother Onessa Jackson, 27, took him off of her bed at about 12:00h on Tuesday and placed him on the floor with some toys to play with as she made up the bed.

However, while on the floor, the infant reportedly got hold of an electrical cord which was reportedly held together with tape.

The infant made contact with the exposed part of the wire and by the time Jackson realised what had happened, the child was electrocuted.

He was rushed to the Skeldon Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The incident was reported to the Police and the mother was taken into custody.

However, she was released on Thursday.

An autopsy is expected to be performed on the infant’s body today.

The tragic incident comes on the heels of another involving a toddler who died after creeping into a drain in front of his home.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.