House in Linden destroyed by fire

The house in Linden destroyed by fire

– which reportedly started after 4-yr-old lit a mattress

An Amelia’s Ward, Linden family of five is now mourning their loss after their upper flat wooden home went up in flames shortly after mid-day on Saturday
The house in Linden destroyed by fire
The house in Linden destroyed by fire

Owner of the home Cedric James said the fire started in the hallway after a four-year-old child reportedly lit a mattress, which had been placed there at the time.                                                       

According to the man, family members were cleaning their Lot 34 Self Help Housing Scheme home and his daughter placed her mattress in the hallway.
James said he was in the bathroom when he learned that the house was engulfed in flames. The family was able to escape with only the clothes on their backs.
James’s wife and one of his daughters reportedly escaped by jumping through a window and were treated briefly at the Linden Hospital Complex.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.