Guyanese feared robbed millions by foreign Call Center

2

 

By Kurt Campbell

2011-06-22_REPORTAJE_CALL_CENTER_OAB_001.v1308818136[www.inewsguyana.com] – A group of just about 15 young Guyanese are fearful that that have been manipulated and ripped off over $13 million by a Trinidadian Company that established a Call Center – QUSET – in Guyana in November 2013.

iNews was told by a Female Supervisor that when the Company opened its doors in November 2013 along Barrack Street, Georgetown it employed some 25 Guyanese which included Customer Service Representatives, Supervisors, Finance Personnel and a Chief Executive Officer.

She claimed that they were only paid stipends for December 2013 and January 2014 and worked without compensation up until the company closed its doors three weeks ago.

She said they were promised that the monies owed to them would be forthcoming but emails and calls to the company have all gone unanswered since.

“They made big promises and never delivered. They haven’t paid their staff since February and still owes everyone over $13 million,” the angry woman related.

According to her, the company – QUSET –discontinued operations in Guyana but still operates in Trinidad. “It appears like they don’t want to pay us,” she added.

QUSET reportedly also owe local service providers including the Guyana Power and Light (GPL), the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T) and local internet provider E – Networks.

According to the woman, two aggrieved persons visited the Ministry of Labour but claimed that efforts to contact the Principals in Trinidad also proved futile.

When contacted, officials at the Ministry of Labour could not locate an official complaint in their register. iNews was informed that the employees spoke directly to the Dexter Semple, however he claims that he cannot recall speaking to anyone from QUSET.

“I’m appalled that he would say that when he was the one who called telling me he couldn’t make contact because he thought I was the CEO,” the woman who had been corresponding with iNews said.

However, when contacted, CEO Rawle Aaron, who is reported to have also not been paid since February claimed he was able to make contact with the Principals in Trinidad.

He said they have promised to pay all staff by next Thursday.

“I believe they are going to pay so let’s hold off and see… if they don’t pay by Friday I will personally provide all details to you” Aaron promised.

The other aggrieved persons are not too confident about this promise. Chief Labour Officer, Charles Ogle told iNews that it is the first time he is even hearing about the company.

Efforts to verify from the Deeds Registry the status of the company’s registration were unsuccessful.

 

 

2 COMMENTS

  1. When you work, get your pay. Did’nt you smell a rat.If I dont get paid two weeks or two months, I GONE:)

  2. trini robbed guyanese? what a shame…and guyanese seh dem smaat bad ha haha..dem rite fi geh raab…why u woking witout being paid..how yuh living for all these months..

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.