DNA samples from decomposed body of murdered British teen ready for pick-up – from Trinidad lab

Close to two months after several samples from the decomposed body of murdered British teen Dominic Bernard were sent to neighbouring Trinidad and Tobago for DNA testing, Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum said the Guyana Police Force (GPF) has been informed that they are now ready for pick-up.
Murdered British teen, Dominic Bernard
Murdered British teen, Dominic Bernard

The Head of the Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID) further related on Tuesday that arrangements were currently being made to have the officer who took the samples for testing uplift the results. “We are hoping to get it (report) within the next few days,” Blanhum stated.

In February, samples taken from the body believed to be that of the missing British teenager were sent to the twin-island republic to confirm the identity of the body, which was found in a shallow grave at Alness Village, Corentyne, Berbice, the previous month.
The 18-year-old Bernard came to Guyana late last year to spend some time with his Godbrother, Aaron Hing, of Kildonan village, Corentyne. However, he mysteriously vanished and his body was found three months later, a few villages from where he was expected to spend his time.
After the teen had been reported missing by his father in January, local Police launched an investigation which led to the arrest of Hing and his friend, Staymon George. The duo subsequently confessed to brutally beating and burying the young man.
MURDER ACCUSED: Sinfinee Henry
MURDER ACCUSED: Sinfinee Henry was granted bail yesterday

They reportedly took some £2000 (sterling pound) and the teen’s camera and expensive video-making equipment, some of which they allegedly sold while they disposed of others.

They later admitted that they had collected the British teen from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport on October 14, 2015 and on their way to Berbice, they stopped along Sheriff Street where they ate and drank a few beers.
As investigations continued, the Police arrested Jameel Sinclair who subsequently took law enforcement officials to an area behind Nurney Village and pointed out where he buried the teen’s camera and its components.
Sinclair admitted that he was promised payment to hide the teen’s belongings on the night he was fatally beaten.
Shortly after, the Guyana Police Force charged Hing, 22; George, 23; Krystal Thomas, 20; Sinfinee Henry, 39, and Sinclair, 20, for the murder.
MURDER ACCUSED: Jameel Sinclair was granted bail yesterday
MURDER ACCUSED: Jameel Sinclair was granted bail yesterday

They were remanded to prison on the indictable charge.

However, on Tuesday, Thomas, Henry and Sinclair were granted bail by the High Court after an application was filed on their behalf.
The petition was heard and granted by Justice Priya Sewnarine-Beharry at the Demerara High Court. Bail was granted in the sum of $300,000 each on the condition that they report to the Whim Police Station every two weeks, beginning this Friday if bail is paid.
MURDER ACCUSED: Krystal Thomas was granted bail yesterday
MURDER ACCUSED: Krystal Thomas was granted bail yesterday


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.