Cricket Australia has released an ‘Invitation To Tender’ for its media rights in three key territories – the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
The rights, which include international and domestic cricket content, cover the five-year period from 2016-17 to 2020-21.
Over these five seasons, Australia hosts one of its strongest and most compelling international programs ever, playing numerous matches against the world’s leading cricketing nations and hosting prestigious events that will generate significant interest from cricket fans.
Highlights of the five-year window include:
• Matches against England, India and/or South Africa every season;
• an Ashes tour comprising 5 Test Matches between traditional rivals Australia and England (in 2017-18);
• the popular and exciting Big Bash League (BBL);
• the newly created Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL);
• 29 Tests against Test cricket nations including India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, and Pakistan; and
• 37 x One Day Internationals and 15 x International Twenty20s.
Bidders can seek to acquire rights for one of or a combination of more than one of the respective territories, and choose between (or acquire both) of the available packages in each territory.
Package one covers Men’s T20 International Matches, BBL Matches, Women’s International Matches, WBBL Matches and Cricket Australia Programming.
Package two covers Men’s Test Matches, Men’s One Day International Matches and Cricket Australia Programming.
Tenders are due to Cricket Australia by 5pm GMT, Monday 16 May 2016. (cricketaustralia.com)