The trials of two persons who were charged with attempted murder and manslaughter were earlier this week delayed after the court ordered medical evaluations for the two said persons.
45-year-old Toney Marcus was committed to stand trial for attempting to murder Etwaru Narine on July 6 2014 and when he appeared before Justice Reynolds, the court heard that he was a patient at a psychiatric ward.
Marcus is accused of chopping Narine at McDoom, East Bank Demerara.
Meanwhile, 34-year-old Paul Michael Khan is facing a manslaughter charge. He, like Marcus agreed with Justice Reynolds, to be medically evaluated before his case is tried. Khan, who said that he cannot spell, explained that his relatives have stopped visiting him and even made claims of police brutality.
Dr Bhiro Harry is expected to conduct a psychological assessment on the two men. They will return to court on August 7, 2018.