Corentyne family displaced after fire guts house they were renting


A Corentyne family of five is now displaced after their house was engulfed in flames. According to reports, the family who resides at Number 69 Village, Corentyne were ‘under the house’ at the time the fire began on Wednesday evening.

One of the occupants, Seekumari Dauroop explained to INews that upon seeing the blaze, she quickly alerted the other members, all of whom managed to escape without  injuries.

Dauroop’s daughter also noted that nothing could be salvaged due to the intensity of the blaze. She said her brother attempted to contain the fire by throwing buckets of water at the flames. However, this proved futile.

The family believes that the fire originated from an electrical shortage. The Dauroop’s were renting the now destroyed house and estimated that their damages are approximately $3M. (Ramona Luthi)


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.