By Kurt Campbell
Public Relations Officer of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) Mitzy Campbell says the young man who was dropped off at the institution by police on Wednesday last is still unresponsive and is yet to be identified.
Last week hospital officials confirmed that the boy, who appeared to be between the ages of 10-12 bore marks of violence to the head and hands.
However, sources at the hospital yesterday (September 09th, 2013) revealed that the boy might have been molested. The lad, who has been lying unidentified and unresponsive at the institution for five days already is said to be clad only in his underwear.
When contacted by iNews, Director of the Child Care and Protection Agency (CCPA) Ann Greene said the agency has information relating to the relatives of the child and officers are currently tracking down the lead.
Greene said the CCPA has been looking into the matter from the onset but is unaware that the lad is without clothing and promised to address such circumstances immediately.
The young man was dropped off at the health institution by a police patrol vehicle on Wednesday September 4 around 9:33h. The boy of African descent is said to be between the ages of 10-12 years.
Doctors attending to the boy related that he showed some sign of recovery and called out for someone by the name of “Simone”. However, at that point he fainted and they tried to revive him again.