BREAKING: Decomposed body found in shallow grave in Berbice – believed to be missing British teen

4

The badly decomposed remains of a male was this afternoon discovered in a shallow grave in Alness Village, Corentyne.

An INews correspondent in Berbice said investigators from the Guyana Police Force’s Special Crimes Unit have been dispatched to the scene and are currently en route to Berbice.

Dominic Bernard
Dominic Bernard

Speculation is rife that the body could be that of the British teenager, 18-year old Dominic Michael Lloyd Bernard, who has been missing for a few months now, ever since his arrival here from the United Kingdom in October last year.

Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum confirmed that a badly decomposed body was found a few villages away from where the teen was expected to stay during his visit in Guyana.

However, he could not confirm whether the remains are that of the teen that went missing in October, 2015.

On the other hand, INews understands that several pieces of clothing and other items were found in close proximity to the body. The police are continuing their investigations.

Meanwhile, father of the missing British teen Andrew Bernard met with reporters in Georgetown a few days ago during which he made an emotional appeal to anyone who might have any information about his missing son to come forward and report to him or the nearest police station.

“I am holding this press conference because my wife and I need your help in locating Dominic. My son Dominic Bernard is a British citizen. He is 18 years’ old and is missing. Any bit of information, however small, will be helpful,” he pleaded.

Giving details about Dominic’s flight from London to Guyana on October 14, 2015, Andrew said his son  arrived at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Timehri at 21:50 hrs (9:50 pm) and has not been heard from since.

“My son flew on BW 903, leaving London Gatwick on 10/14 at 12:50 pm, arriving POS at 5:30 pm on the same day. He then boarded BW 483 from POS to GT at 8:40 pm arriving at Timehri at 9:50 pm,” he told reporters.

Andrew said he is aware his son cleared customs, but there has been a lack of information after that.

INews will bring you an updated report shortly.

 

 

 

 

4 COMMENTS

  1. Petal I so agree with you. It’s so sad I have been following this story closely and I feel for that family. I live in the UK and I fear for my life going back to Guyana. I know there is crime everywhere but that’s too much. I pray that they find those responsible for his death and justice be served. I trust no one out there and is sad to be like that.

  2. Oh come on Petal these fellas did not mean to do it they ARE CHURCH GOING BOYS AND VERY RESPECTABLE IN THEIR COMMUNITY.It was a mistake and they deserve a second chance right?

  3. British ambassador should hold the army (GDF) accountable for their citizen.
    The world now know that the GDF is spying on people.

  4. So sad if the body is the missing teenager ,Guyana is getting bad people would not want to go to Guyana, if it’s him find these people and hang them.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.