[www.inewsguyana.com] – Shivnarine Chanderpaul bagged the WI Test Player of the Year Award after topping the West Indies’ Test batting charts in 2013.
He scored 523 runs in seven games at an average of 58.11. It came along with 2 centuries and a fifty. Dwayne Bravo was given the honour of ODI player of the year. He scored 388 runs, and also scalped 33 wickets in 22 games. And it came as no surprise to anyone that Sunil Narine was the best player in the shortest format, with 8 wickets in 5 matches at a superb economy of 5.40.
Chanderpaul and Gayle also received special awards for completing 150 and 100 Tests respectively.
The other Bravo brother, Darren Bravo bagged the overall Cricketer of the Year award. He scored 374 runs at an average of over 37 in six Tests. He also topped the ODI batting charts with 788 runs in 24 games. Darren Bravo also bagged another one for his performance in the Caribbean Twenty20.
As far as the awards for women cricketers were concerned, Stafanie Taylor won big. Taylor had aggregated 707 runs in 21 ODIs in the period, and 313 in nine T20s, averaging 39 in both formats.
These are all the awards along with the winners that were given out on the eventful night.
- U-19 Player: Tagenarine Chanderpaul
- U-19 Team: Jamaica
- Regional Limited-Overs Player: Shane Shillingford
- Regional 4-Day Player: Nikita Miller
- Regional 4-Day Team: Trinidad & Tobago
- Emerging Player: Miguel Cummins
- Caribbean Twenty20 Player: Darren Bravo
- ODI Player: Dwayne Bravo
- Test Player: Shivnarine Chanderpaul
- T20I Player: Sunil Narine
- Women’s Player: Stafanie Taylor
- Player of the Year: Darren Bravo
- WICB Lifetime Achievement Award: Teddy Griffith
- WIPA Lifetime Achievement Award: Lockhart Sebastien
- Special awards: Shivnarine Chanderpaul (150 Tests), Chris Gayle (100 Tests)