[www.inewsguyana.com] – The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI] today suspended all bilateral cricket tours with West Indies and decided to initiate legal proceedings against the WICB for abruptly cancelling its tour of India last week.
The tough stand by the BCCI was taken by the all-powerful Working Committee which met to decide the future course of action. The decision to suspend all cricket tours with West Indies and initiate legal action was taken “unanimously” by the Working Committee members.
“BCCI will initiate legal proceedings against West Indies Cricket Board due to the abrupt cancellation of this tour. All bilateral tours between BCCI and WICB stand suspended,” BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said.
The BCCI also appreciated the gesture of the Sri Lankan Cricket Board for accepting the offer of playing a five-match ODI series at such a short notice.
“The members appreciated the gesture of Sri Lankan Cricket Board for having accepted our request to play 5 ODIs starting from 2nd of November 2014, at such a short notice.
“This tour is in lieu of their scheduled tour to India next year which will be reciprocated by India touring Sri Lanka in months of July/August 2015,” the statement said.
The venues for the five ODIs will be Cuttack, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Kolkata and Ahmedabad and the detailed itinerary will be announced shortly.
The BCCI statement, however, did not specify the exact period of suspension of cricketing tours between the BCCI and the WICB.
It is learnt that the majority of the members were in favour of taking a hard stand against the WICB for aborting the tour after playing four ODIs.
The West Indians were scheduled to play five ODIs, one T20 and three Tests matches during the tour between October 8 and November 19. [India Today]