Baby Boy severely burnt with “rice mar”

2

new-born-baby-hand[www.inewsguyana.com] – An 18 – month – old child of Walton Hall Village on the Essequibo Coast was severely burnt on Tuesday (November 25), after he accidentally pulled down a bucket with hot water used to boil rice, popularly referred to as “rice mar” in Guyana.

According to reports reaching iNews, Avishkar known as ‘Alex’ was playing, unattended, at home when he came into contact with the bucket containing the hot liquid.

He reportedly tugged at the bucket; causing the liquid to spill which resulted in serious burns to his abdomen, feet and hands. The child was said to be wearing a pampers at the time which saved him from further burns.

The screaming child was rushed to the Suddie Hospital and admitted but was subsequently transferred to the Georgetown Public hospital.

His grandmother had minutes earlier placed the liquid into the bucket after straining rice.

 

2 COMMENTS

  1. you cant have a baby in the house and be so careless…babies will wander and wanna play and pull at everything. The onus is upon us to keep hazardous things away from their handreach….Careless grandmother.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.