Alleged ring leader of pirate gang nabbed

Premnauth 'Sinbad' Persaud


Premnauth ‘Sinbad’ Persaud

The alleged ring leader of the deadly pirate attacks on Suriname waters during April 21 2018 to May 2 2018 was on Tuesday last arrested by police in Berbice.

The suspect has been identified as Premnauth Persaud called “Sanbad”, “Sinbad” and “Bouy.”

According to reports, the accused was arrested at Number 68 Village, Corentyne, Berbice, by ranks acting on intelligence information.

His apprehension is seen as a major breakthrough in solving the crime which left four persons dead and several missing, to date.

Persaud was wanted by both Surinamese and Guyanese lawmen following the brutal attacks on high seas.

It was reported that after committing the heinous crimes, Persaud, who was the captain of vessel Cristina-1 SK-1221 and his crew held Gowkarran Outar called “Gavin” as hostage on their way back to Guyana.

As the men approached their destination, they allegedly killed Outar and threw his body into the Atlantic Ocean, resulting it in surfacing a few days later on the Number 63 Beach.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday last, 19-year-old Alexander Denhart, also called “Shameface”, was arraigned with the murder of Tilacknauth Mohabir who was killed between April 27 and May 3, 2018.

One week prior to this, Denhart’s ‘boss’ Nakool Manohar, also called “Fyah”, was also arraigned with the same murder, as well as several robberies committed on the high seas.

Nakool Manohar

Mohabir’s body was discovered on the Wai Wai Bank in the Atlantic Ocean days after the deadly attacks.

On Saturday last, Surinamese law enforcement officers had arrested “Bolo” as a member of the deadly gang and they are on the hunt for another referred to as “Dick”.

The piracy attack reportedly stemmed from the execution-style killing of Somnath Monohar who was gunned down on March 30, 2018 in Suriname.

As a result of Monohar’s death, his brother Nakool had travelled to Suriname and reportedly offered US$50,000 to the gang members to take revenge for his brother’s death.

Moreover, “Killerman” who was fingered in the death of the Guyanese businessman, was arrested and remains in custody.


Prior to his arrest, Premcharan Ravikan, a Surinamese Police Auxiliary Agent, was found dead hours after he had allegedly been kidnapped by Guyanese.

He was reportedly stabbed five times and shot once.

His throat was also slit, and a single bullet wound was evident to his abdomen.

It was later reported that he had provided the weapon that was used to execute the businessman.

To date, “Crackhead”, who was arrested two weeks after the attacks, has confessed to killing five of the Guyanese fishermen and disposing of their bodies by throwing them overboard.

Upon his arrest, he reportedly told Police that he was following orders, which were to attack the boat and “get rid” of the occupants.

Five of the men survived the attack and are providing the necessary information as investigations continue.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.