Update: 3-year-old electrocuted by exposed extension cord

0

-Was the same toddler reported abandoned by mother at GPHC 

A three-year-old child, Stephan Glen, was electrocuted after allegedly coming into contact with an exposed extension cord in his 7th Street, Paradise Housing Scheme, East Coast Demerara home a few days ago.

Stephan Glen

Based on reports received, the now dead child along with others were engaged in a game of “hide & seek” and as he attempted to hide under a bed in the house, he reportedly came into contact with the exposed electrical cord.

The child’s grandmother, Beverly Glen who was busy in the kitchen reportedly heard, the child’s elder sister yelling run and thought that something was amiss.

Inews was informed that the grandmother bolted into the bedroom and discovered the lad in a motionless position but he was still breathing.

Relatives of the young Glen reportedly made several attempts to solicit emergency medical assistance, but this reportedly proved futile.

The child was instead rushed to Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) where he was pronounced dead.

Inews was informed that Glen is the same toddler that was reported abandoned at GPHC after the woman who dropped him off allegedly disappeared.

Crime Chief, Wendell Blanhum had said that the baby was taken to the hospital by the woman who told doctors that the baby was not breathing.

Following examinations, doctors confirmed that the child had been dead for an hour prior to being brought to the medical facility.

However, when the medical practitioners sought to question the alleged mother, she was long gone.

Police launched a search for the woman and she was subsequently found. The woman who was confirmed as the child’s mother said she“just left to pick up something from the child’s father.”

According to the police investigations are still ongoing.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.