INews understands that one week ago, Devin Bishoondial was admitted to the GPHC’s Pediatric Surgical Unit after receiving injuries when his elder brother allegedly lit a fire and threw a highly flammable substance into the fire.
Reports reaching INews indicate that this caused a huge explosion resulting in baby Devin who was close by being seriously burned about his face, chest and legs.
To date, no surgical intervention had been undertaken due to the limited areas of healthy skin treatment being offered at the hospital for infants.
The Saving Hands Emergency Aid (SHEA) Charity has accepted Baby Devin’s case and is working with the GPHC to assist in helping him seek medical treatment in the USA.
“This child is currently being monitored closely to ensure adequate fluid resuscitation and to identify signs of complications. We ask that you make a donation to the SHEA Charity which will help us facilitate this process,” the organisation is appealing.