1 confesses to killing “White Boy”

Patrick Fraser

One man has reportedly confessed to killing 23-year-old Patrick Matthew Fraser also called “White Boy”, who was fatally shot at Norton Street, Bagotstown, East Bank Demerara (EBD).

This was confirmed by a senior police officer who told INews that detectives are on the hunt for a second person who was implicated in the murder. Both the man in custody and the one on the run are known to the now dead young man.

However, they were not a part of the group of men that Fraser was hanging out with on the night that he was killed.

“The murder of the young man has been solved due to good investigative work by the police working on that case. The man in custody has already confessed and ranks are searching for the second suspect presently but it is good to note that they were not hanging out with Fraser when he was shot.

“In fact, they turned up at the location in search of Fraser because they knew that was his usual liming spot and they were looking for him that night,” the source stated.

The police source further explained that Fraser and the men were not “at odds” but that the duo wanted a firearm that the now dead man would usually have in his possession.

“They knew him well enough apparently to know that he [Fraser] had a gun that he is alleged to carry around on his person frequently. The thing is, from what we [police] know is that they wanted his gun, that is what they went there for, to get his gun. And it should be noted that this gun is an unlicensed firearm which meant it was illegally in his possession if he indeed carried one around.”

Following the confession, the file will be sent to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) today for further advice.

It is expected that the file will be returned to the police soon and the man will be hauled before the courts for the crime.

On May 9, 2019, Fraser was shot twice to his body in the yard of a burnt house and was picked up by one of his friends and rushed to the Diamond Diagnostic Centre, where he succumbed while receiving medical attention.

From earlier reports, the young man had frequented the area and had been seen hanging out at the location on numerous occasions. On the night of Fraser’s shooting, persons confirmed that they heard the sound of the gunshots and as they rushed to the scene, they saw the young man lying on the ground with blood oozing from his stomach.

Initially, the police had stated that although the young man was shot twice, they only retrieved one .32 spent shell and one warhead. In addition, a pair of slippers and a bloodstained Polo hat were found at the scene.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.